Medical Billing ICD-10 Implementation Timelines
At Superior Medical Billing Solutions, we’re preparing to help you transition to the new ICD-10 coding standards that take effect October 1, 2015. We are continuously training and preparing for the transition to ICD-10 coding. This training includes keeping our practices up to date on the steps they need to implement for ICD-10. As a nationwide medical billing company, we can help your practice adapt to these changing standards, 5010 being the first steps in the transition-we specialize in offering efficient, transparent, and correct medical billing services to each of our clients.
January 1, 2010
- Payers and providers should begin internal testing of Version 5010 standards for electronic claims
December 31, 2010
- Internal testing of Version 5010 must be complete to achieve Level I Version 5010compliance
January 1, 2011
- Payers and providers should begin external testing of Version 5010 for electronic claims
- CMS begins accepting Version 5010 claims
- Version 4010 claims continue to be accepted
December 31, 2011
- External testing of Version 5010 for electronic claims must be complete to achieve Level II
- Version 5010 compliance
January 1, 2012
- All electronic claims must use Version 5010 Version 4010 claims are no longer accepted
- CMS extended this deadline to March 31, 2012, but Superior Medical Billing Solutions has been fully 5010 compliant since Janury 1, 2012
October 1, 2013
- CMS is currently reviewing this deadline and may extend it
- Claims for services provided on or after this date must use ICD-10 codes for medical diagnosis and inpatient procedures, CPT codes will continue to be used for outpatient services
October 1, 2015
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has announced on April 1, 2014 that they will delay the implementation date for ICD-10 from October 1, 2014 to October 1, 2015.
- This will give providers and other covered entities an additional year to prepare for ICD-10.
You can learn more about the ICD-10 transition timelines below, or by reviewing the ICD-10 FAQ’s and Implementation guidelines for Small and Medium Practices.
If you want to find out more about Superior Medical Billing Solutions, please contact us online or call us Toll Free 888-520-9330.
Need more information?
Contact us to receive additional benefits.
Are you getting paid in a timely manner?
Evaluate key components of your medical billing procedures; from examination to receiving insurance claims.
Determine How to Reduce Claim Denials, Identify compliance concerns, Eliminate Payment Delays and Increase Revenue Today by simply calling Toll Free 888-520-9330 and one of our specialists will contact you shortly.
Superior Medical Billing Solutions
29885 2nd Street, Suite J
Lake Elsinore, CA 92532
Toll Free: 888-520-9330
Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 3:00pm
Closed Saturday and Sunday